Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler Review: Who can use it? Pros & Cons? Is it worth trying? And how to use it without getting It tangled in your hair?
There is no better pastime than testing out new hair care products and trendy tools while enjoying the weather at home. You won’t need to waste your hard-earned pennies on testing new innovations. I have been using Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler for 4 months now. I also read many online reviews about the product to give detailed technical reviews according to many customers’ and experts’ experiences.
Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler
- Large 50mm rotating brush with ceramic barrel
- Soft polishing bristles for ultimate sleek
- Advanced plasma technology
- Multi-directional brush with 2 rotation speeds for total styling control
- Uses moisture Balancing dual ionic system
- Has 2 heats + a cool setting
- Suitable for soft hair
- Not suitable for very thick hair
What is Included?
- Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler
- User manual
- Protective shield
Babyliss hydro fusion air styler has a pretty powder blue hue. It is anti-frizz and reduces hair damage as it is gentler on hair than hair straighteners. Babyliss promises that this styler will leave your hair silky and shiny after each blow-drying. It uses a moisture-balancing system that combines the negative and positive ions together hydrating the hair from the roots.
Using a 700W large 50mm rotating brush, I could blow dry my hair in less than 15 minutes. I found the air styler very gentle on my hair. However, I don’t think it is the best option for people who have thick curly hair. The temperature wouldn’t be high enough to fully straighten your hair. Otherwise, it is much better than hair dryers as it is a multi-directional brush with 2 rotation speeds. It is great value for money as it does the hairdryer and the hair straightener job. It helped me create a beautiful frizz-free hairstyle at home.
How To Use Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler?
- Make sure that your hair is at least 80% dry before using the air styler to minimize heat damage.
- Brush through your hair to remove any tangles first.
- Divide your hair into smaller sections before styling.
- Plugin the appliance and slide the switch to the heat setting you want. You will find the blue LED light illuminating which indicates that the ionic technology is activated. (it minimizes heat damage by ensuring even heat distribution on the hair from roots to tips).
- Place the Babyliss hydro fusion brush underneath the hair section, close to the roots of the hairs, and hold for a few seconds to create a volume.
- You can use the hot brush to lift the hair at the roots adding more volume to your hair. Move the brush down through the hair and keep rotating the brush away from your head by pressing and holding the appropriate rotation button.
- As you do this, resist the rotation of the brush by pulling the brush downwards. You may need to brush your hair several times until you reach the desired results. As you reach the ends of the hair section, continue rotating the Babyliss Hydro-Air Styler to roll the ends under.
- Repeat the same process for each hair section. After using the Babyliss Styler, slide the switch to the ‘0’ position to switch off then unplug the air styler.
- Allow the appliance to cool before storing away. The appliance comes with a protective cover that you can place to protect the bristles.
Note: you can easily change the rotation direction. To make the brush head rotate, press and hold the buttons marked <>. Press the button to make the brush head rotate clockwise, or press it again to make it rotate anti-clockwise.
How To Use The Heat Settings
As I mentioned it has 2 heat settings plus a cool setting. I recommend using the cool setting after styling your hair to set your style while it is still warm:
- the ‘*’ position – it is the cool setting
- ‘I’ position – it is for the low heat. Choose this heat setting if you have fine, delicate, dyer or thin hair.
- the ‘II’ position – this heat setting works best for medium to long hair as it uses a higher temperature setting.
Protecting The Bristles
After each use, always ensure the protective cover is placed over the brush head. This protects the bristles from damage. When placing the protective cover over the brush head, ensure the grooves line up with the top of the air styler so it slides easily into place. Please note: The diagram on the protective cover demonstrates the direction it should be placed onto the brush head. If placed incorrectly it may be difficult to remove.
Video Review of Babyliss Hydro Fusion Air Styler
Babyliss Hydro fusion air styler is very easy to use. It is simply a hot brush. Once you turn it on, you can rotate it in either direction, you can curl your hair in the way you want at no time and it is going to give you a big bouncy blow dry! The hot brush uses Two heats plus a cool setting for total styling control. It helped me a lot in improving the condition of my hair. It dries my hair in only 10-15 minutes. Great alternative for hair dryers.
Would you give this air styler a go? Have you already tried it? I’m so excited to know your thoughts in the comments below!